Our Side by Side support group meetings and Cafes have moved online. If you are new to Zoom or need help, we encourage you to watch the video below or follow the step by step instructions below:
This video is a great beginning tutorial in how to join your first Zoom meeting, how to download the Zoom app and how to use some of the features of a Zoom chat. (video about 8 minutes long). Watch this video ahead of your first Zoom chat!
The Oklahoma APDA Chapter has created a helpful page on how to join a virtual chat. Click this link to visit their helpful page.
Joining a Zoom Meeting Written Steps
After you register, you will receive an email from PSN with your registration information to join the meeting. We strongly suggest you log in 10 minutes early to test your system. It’s hard for us to cover all types of devices and all hardware, so if you need device specific information, you may want to visit Zoom’s help center.
- In the email, look for the text that says “Join from…” – click the link to join the meeting.
- You will now be sent to your web browser and encouraged to download the Zoom app. You do not have to download the app to join the meeting.
- Look towards the bottom of the screen for this text: “If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.”
- Click the highlighted text that says “Join from your browser”.
- Sign in with your name to join the meeting.
- You will be asked if you want to “Join the meeting with Video” or “Join the meeting without Video”. Choose the one that works best for you.
- You will also be asked to “Join with Computer Audio” or “Join with Telephone Audio”. Choose the “Join with Computer Audio” button (unless you have called in with your phone to the meeting).
- When you enter the room, you may be muted. The Host will unmute you at the appropriate time.