Just a reminder that all in-person support events have been suspended due to the COVID-19 /Coronavirus pandemic.
Caregiver’s Side by Side Support Group via Zoom*
Tuesday, January 11
This month: Getting a Move On
In this session for caregivers, Joy will be speaking about the critical importance of exercise for people with Parkinson’s. Included in Joy’s talk will be the following topics:
- Tips for coaching and encouraging your loved one to exercise.
- How to notice cues from your loved one that can be helpful to motivate and encourage them to move better.
- Sharing resources for outside assistance.
Click here to register for the Caregiver’s Support Group
We are very fortunate that Physical Therapist, Joy McLaughlin will also be speaking to the People with Parkinson’s Disease Support group on January 25th!
People with Parkinson’s Disease Support Group via Zoom*
Tuesday, January 25th
This month’s topic: Getting a Move On
In this session for those living with Parkinson’s, Joy will be speaking about the critical importance of exercise. Included in Joy’s talk will be the following topics:
- Ways to integrate exercise when you don’t really want to.
- Identify specific self-cues that can be helpful to motivate you to move better.
- Share resources for outside assistance.
Click here to register for the People with Parkinson’s Disease Support Group
Online Support Groups Sponsored by:
We are Here to Help!
Are you searching for a resource or more information?
Parkinson Social Network volunteers can help!
Call our office at 571-286-5000 or send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider a donation to support our programs. Parkinson Social Network is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. With no paid staff, we are a volunteer led organization with each volunteer having a personal connection to Parkinson’s disease.