At Parkinson Social Network (PSN), we are committed to sharing with you events that educate, support, and enrich your life as you practice safe social distancing at home during this pandemic.
Highlights this Week:
- Listen to Larry Gifford’s COVID-19 Limited Series: The Pandemic and Your Parkinson’s care podcast from The Michael J Fox Foundation.
- The World Parkinson Coalition has posted a series from Dr. Gila Bronner titled: Parkinson’s Disease: Three Steps to Maintaining Intimacy During the Coronavirus.
- Watch Dr. Katie Ferree’s recent presentation on A Naturopathic Approach to Parkinson’s Disease – APDA Arizona
- Watch Power for Parkinson’s Move & Shout live streaming exercise sessions on YouTube Live or watch a recording of their exercise sessions.
- Check out Insight Memory Care Center’s page of upcoming virtual services available.
- Visit our listing of online resources to stay active, connected and supported!
Medical Equipment Available
Community member Lyn has a medical bed and sit-down walker available if you need one. Please contact her by email if you are interested.
Online Events Upcoming this Week:
Wednesday May 13, 2020
1:00 pm EDT (10:00 am Pacific, 11am Mountain 12:00 pm Central) – Sleep and Living Well with Parkinson’s with Dr. Ronald Postuma – Davis Phinney Foundation
Thursday May 14,2020
Friday May 15, 2020
11 AM-12 PM EDT – Dance for PD by Mark Morris Dance Group – Click here to join online.
Saturday – May 16, 2020
12 pm – 3:30 pm eastern (11 am – 2:30 pm central, 10 am – 1:30 pm mountain, 9 am – 12:30 pm pacific) – 2020 Care Partner Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores – Registration is required for this virtual event – Parkinson’s Foundation
Tuesday May 19, 2020
7 pm EDT – Parkinson’s Zoom Support Group with Charlie Voelmle with speaker Bobby Hand, Physical Therapist – Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 876 5307 0034
We are Here to Listen!
During this time when we are unable to gather and chat in person, we at PSN would still like to hear from you about how you are coping. Send us email to email@example.com or call us at 571-286-5000.
Local, State, and Federal Resources
Here are local, state and federal resources online during this Coronavirus emergency:
- Fairfax County Emergency Information website
- Fairfax County COVID-19 updates website
- Arlington County COVID-19 website
- Loudoun County COVID-19 website
- Congressman Gerry Connolly’s Coronavirus Information page
- Centers for Disease Control
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
The inclusion of announcements, logos or website links included in this newsletter or on our website does not constitute an endorsement by the Parkinson Social Network of the products, programs or services.
If you found a benefit from this newsletter, would you consider supporting our mission to educate, advocate, support and enrich the lives of those touched by Parkinson’s disease?
Copyright © 2020 Parkinson Social Network, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you requested to be included, sent an RSVP or attended one of our Parkinson Social Network events.
Our phone number is: 571-286-5000
Our mailing address is:
Parkinson Social Network
PO Box 1276
McLean, VA 22101-1276
Parkinson Social Network is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization